LifeServe Blood Center » Sponsor a Blood Drive
Sponsor a Business Blood Drive
Get the Word Out!
Spreading the word about your blood drive is a critical element to the success of the event. Be creative and have fun when promoting the blood drive.
Consider the following:
- Talk it up! Personally ask people to give blood.
- Use recruitment tools provided by LifeServe Blood Center to promote the blood drive.
- Publicize the blood drive on the employee intranet or in the company newsletter.
- Have a blood drive team member available during busy times in the cafeteria or break room to answer questions about the blood drive and to recruit blood donors.
Tips for Recruiting Blood Donors
- Be positive, enthusiastic and educated about the blood donation process and simply ask someone to become a blood donor. A personal, face-to-face invitation makes all the difference.
- Find out if any employees have used blood and ask them to share their story. Being asked to donate blood by someone who has used blood is very powerful.
- Talk to co-workers who donate blood regularly and ask them to share their past donation experience(s). These stories can often convince people who have never donated blood to become blood donors.
- Do something special to reward employees for signing up ahead of time. You can offer candy or other special treats, see if management would allow employees to dress casually for the day of the blood drive or hand out special giveaway items.